Doing something a bit different today – Today’s show will air at 10:30PM CST. You heard me! Just had to move some things around for today. Tune in at 10:30pm CST at http://redbarradio.tv !
MOST RECENT SHOWS
- RED BAR RADIO S15 E20
- RED BAR RADIO S15 E19
- RED BAR RADIO S15 E18
- RED BAR RADIO S15 E17
- RED BAR RADIO S15 E16
THE RED BAR RADIO SHOW JOINS THE SIRIUS/XM SATELLITE RADIO FAMILY!
Since 2003, The Red Bar Radio Show has been independently produced by creator/host Mike David, and has basically only been marketed via word of mouth. There have been snippets of success along the way, as well as ups and downs, and a “format” that is forever changing. This week, Red Bar takes it’s comedy Internet radio show / podcast to the next level. Starting Thursday December 8th, the show will become available on SiriusXM Satellite Radio, on EXTREME TALK channel 165!
How is this gonna work?
Everything will remain EXACTLY the same! The podcast and live version of the show, the show that you have now, will be there just as always – FREE, five days a week, at 3pm cst on our website, and up on the podcast feed directly afterward. The SiriusXM show will be weekly (Thursday nights at 10pm cst., on Extreme Talk Channel 165. It will be the EXACT same show as the podcast, except it will only be one hour long. It will remain uncensored, and basically just a shorter version of the show you’ve all come to know and “love.” It’s about as basic as it gets!
The show in it’s infancy will NOT be live. We will be recording it during the week, and sending it over to them to air on Thursdays. So we will technically be doing SIX shows per week, Monday-Friday, with one of those 6 shows being the one that ends up on SiriusXM. Not sure exactly what day we will record the SiriusXM show, or if it will broadcast live on our website or not. The show MAY be available int he BARMY, our bonus content section of the website.
How do we get the new SiriusXM show? Is Sirius and XM the same company now? I’m confused!
Yes, this is a bit confusing. Although the two companies have merged, the programming is still separate in some cases. There are three packages you can get. An XM only package, A Sirius only package, or the SiriusXM package. If you have an XM or SiriusXM package, you can hear us on ch. 165, no problems. However, if you have the Sirius-only package, you may see that there is no channel 165! In that case, call the customer service department, and tell them that you want the “XM ADD-ON” so that you can hear THE RED BAR RADIO SHOW! You can call them at: 1-866-635-2349. For more information, visit their website at http://siriusxm.com
So to make this nice and easy, here is the current weekly Red Bar schedule:
MON: 3PM CST at https://redbarradio.net
TUES: 3PM CST at https://redbarradio.net
WED: 3PM CST at https://redbarradio.net
THURS: 3PM CST at https://redbarradio.net & on SiriusXM Ch.165 at 10PM CST
FRI: 3PM CST at https://redbarradio.net
Share the promo video on your Facebook, Twitter, etc! LINK: http://youtu.be/5bkZSjpoeCU
Questions from real listeners answered!
Q. Will the SiriusXm show be on the iTunes podcast feed?
A. No. It will only be available on SiriusXm and POSSIBLY on the Barmy section of the website.
Q. What will the show be like? How long is it? Will it be a replay of one of the weekly episodes or a completely new episode?
A. It will be the EXTACT same show, except for the fact that it will run 60 minutes long, instead of 2 hours like our usual show. It will be a SEPARATE episode, and NOT a replay of our normal show. Or, if we have a really killer hour on one of the regular shows, I could chop it and use it. Well see!
Q. I know the show won’t be LIVE on SiriusXM, but when you RECORD the SiriusXM show, will it live on Ustream/the RBR website?
A. Maybe. Probably. I still want to have callers and the live interaction. We’ll see!
Q. Will they censor you or tell you what you can or cannot say?
A. NO! I wouldn’t do it if they did!
Q. How much does SiriusXm cost and how do I subscribe?
A. You can get all of that information by going to http://siriusxm.com or by calling 1-866-635-2349 and telling them you want Extreme Talk ch.165!
Q. Will the SiriusXM shows have a permanent co-host?
A. At this time, no. Not sure how it’s gonna work completely, but I will basically just do it exactly how we do the regular show.
Q. What can listeners do to support the SiriusXM show to make it so that they love you?
A. Not completely sure yet, but for now, you can tell them how much you love us and want us to stay on buy the doing the following:
– Emailing [email protected]
– Following on Twitter and tweeting to them how much you love us
– Share this video on all of your FB walls, Twitter, etc: RBR SIRIUSXM PROMO VIDEO
Q. What other shows are on this channel?
A. The lineup is under construction right now, but you can get a basic idea by going to http://www.siriusxm.com/extremetalk
Q. How did this deal come to be?
A. The guys from Extreme Talk ch.165 approached us last week saying they wanted the show and that they love it!
Q. Are you rich now?
A. No! Haha, so don’t cancel your Barmy memberships! This show WILL NOT survive without you guys being members of the BARMY!
More questions? Just listen to the show! We’ll explain things as we need to, and no one will be left in the dark! Hopefully this sums it up pretty well, and makes it a little less confusing. This is gonna be awesome for the show! Thanks again to everyone that has supported us to make things like this possible. And don’t think we’ve “made it” just yet or anything like that! This show only works with you guys being awesome like you have been. Let’s show these satellite people what we can do!
See ya this week!
The new website designed by Mike, for comedian DREW MICHAEL is now up! Check it out! It’s still in it’s “rough draft” mode, and we’ve got a lot of style updates to do to get it more pretty-er! BOOKMARK THIS! Lots of great content to come out of this site in the near future! DREWMICHAELCOMEDY.COM
Slight change of plans today guys – we’re gonna take the day off to catch up over here, so no LIVE show today. I’m sure most of you have a ton of content to catch up on anyway. We have some HUGE news to share with you, and possibly will be announcing it today. I will see if there is something I can put on the feed for today to keep you entertained. See ya tomorrow! Oh, if you’re starving for content, check out the ALL NEW BARMY! https://redbarradio.net/barmy – tons of bonus content added this week!
Check out our latest Weezer cover over at Weezer’s website! The more views, the better chance we have at landing on Weezer’s front page! CLICK HERE TO WATCH US ON WEEZER.COM!
At last, the all new BARMY SECTION is ready! If you’re not up to speed, the BARMY is our bonus content section of the website for premium members only. It’s the number one way to support the show, and gives you access to EVERYTHING WE’VE EVER DONE! Every single episode dating back to 2003, prank calls, after-shows, secret shows, videos & more! We will also be posting the FULL VERSIONS of our video shows each day. 90% of the content on the Barmy is not available ANYWHERE else. The other 10% is public stuff, but we threw it in there just so you have everything in one place!
What’s new in this version of the Barmy? EVERYTHING. From the look, the user friendly layout, the search features – everything has been built from scratch to give you the best possible user experience. We’ve even set up a BARMY RSS PODCAST FEED, so that you can subscribe and receive your Barmy content the minute it comes out, just like you do with any other podcast!
When you sign up for the Barmy, you’re INSTANTLY given access and a link to the rss feed! No waiting, no hassles. Content is added 5 days a week! Woah! You’ll never run out of Barmy content, unless you are a maniac.
The Barmy is the show’s main source of funding, so if you love the show, don’t pass up joining! We work our asses off putting out content 5 days a week, and in order to continue doing what we do, and get the show to where it needs to be, we gotta make sure we can pay the bills!
This is the ULTIMATE bonus content club! Don’t believe me, well take a look for yourself! The new Barmy can be browsed by anyone, regardless of if you’re a member or not! You can check out all the content we have in real time, you’ll just have to sign up in order to get it to play or download. Check it out for yourself: https://redbarradio.net/barmy
STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE BARMY:
– Currently the Barmy is still in “Beta” mode. We’ve got a ton of work to do getting up content, and a whole lot of bugs to fix! We’ve got a little over 3000 files to upload, link up, describe, and tag. We’ve been working on this day and night, but still have a bunch more to do! There’s more than enough content up so far, but don’t fret if you don’t see all of it just yet! Hopefully, it will all be up by the end of the week!
– Did you purchase something off our Amazon Wishlist? If you did, you’re entitled to some FREE BARMY! Hang tight! We’re working our hardest to get your custom discount codes created, and we will be sending out emails to those people expecting free Barmy. Hopefully later today or tomorrow you will have instructions sent over to you. You WILL need a credit or debit card upon signup however. Our system requires all users to initially sign up with a credit or debit card. Your card will not be charged if you have a discount code for free Barmy. It’s just how these things work nowadays!
– The Barmy rss podcast feed is up and running, and seems to be working perfectly. Just a heads up, VIDEOS will not be on this feed! All audio will be on the feed, and you’ll see that every day for the next week or so, chunks of content will continue to be added until we get everything up. Initially you will only see what is up so far, so don’t freak! All of the videos are embedded on the Barmy site. The files are just too large to upload to the feed, and would take too long for you to download anyway. Also, since video formats are constantly changing, having them hosted on Youtube is the smartest option. Don’t worry, the videos are only visible to Barmy members! Don’t think that just because you see Youtube players on our site that it means everyone can see them! Only you special people can!
– Some people from countries outside the U.S. have had issues when trying to sign up. If you are one of these people, please email [email protected] with your issue, and someone will get working on it right away! Again, we are working out all the kinks this week, and we’ll make sure that whatever your issue is, it gets solved. This goes for anyone who’s card is declining for unknown reasons as well. We’ve had a few issues with that. Let us know!
Ok, so now that you know everything about the new Barmy, go check it out! You won’t be disappointed! https://redbarradio.net/barmy
OTHER STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW:
THERE WILL BE NO LIVE SHOW TODAY! OH NO! I’m taking the day “off” to catch up on some technically aspects of the show. We just received our new studio system from Presonus Audio, and I will be working all day with the engineer from Presonus to get it set up so that it’s all working perfectly! I will let you know all of the details about our new artist endorsement we received from Presonus, and all the cool things we’ll be doing together in the near future! The setup is going to take around 4-5 hours, so I just wouldn’t have time to fit it in, and Presonus is only available during the day! (We will be using the Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2)
The Canon 60d camera that Daniel from Australia bought us is also coming in today, and I want to get that all set up as well, so that on Thursday, we will be all set with new video, and new audio! This is gonna be the best looking and best sounding podcast ever!
Don’t get bent out of shape, I will be on two other podcasts this week…..
TONIGHT – 11/16/11 – I will be on the OFF THE AIR LIVE show! 7pm-9pm CST – TUNE IN BY GOING TO http://ustream.tv/channel/off-the-air-live (This will be on Barmy the day after)
THURSDAY – 11/17/11 – I will be on AWKWARD MOMENTS with COLLIN A. BULLOCK – A comedy podcast out of Chicago – Not sure if this will be live. The website is http://awkwardmomentspod.com (I will make sure you hear it one way or another)
Ok, I think that’s enough for now! Thanks again to everyone who’s made this return the best thing that’s ever happened to me! It’s really been awesome.
– Have you checked out our Amazon Wishlist? We’ve had the wishlist up for about a month now, and many of you have purchased things off of it to help the show get back up and running. When you purchase something from the gift lift, you get back double the value in Barmy, and some of the items even give you autographed memorabilia from the old studio! Check out this wishlist, as it’s only gonna be up for a week or two longer! CLICK HERE FOR THE WISHLIST!
– Our web developer has put in thousands of hours of work building our new site and working on all things tech for Red Bar. His computer is old, shitty, and a waste of his time. Lets get him a new one! Help our developer Cameron, get the computer he deserves! Make a donation today! http://cameronmalek.com
A short RBR animation made by a fan!